Made in Crochet this is an Oversize Sweater with a straight silhouette, a round neckline and short sleeves. You can wear this sweater on the beach or over a tank top with jeans. It will look great.
To Crochet this pattern you have to know:
Crochet in the round, the double crochet stitch and sew the shoulders.
- 5 skeins Erika Knight “Studio Linen” (85% recycled rayon linen and 15% premium linen, 120m in a 50g skein), in main color.
You can change the yarn for a Medium/Aran weight yarn that crochet 10dc over 4″/10cm.
- 6mm (10 U.S.) Crochet Hook, or the required size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Tapestry Needle.
- Measuring Tape.
10 stitches and 7.5 rows over a 4″/10cm square in Double Crochet.
- Circumference: 98cm
- Lenght (Shoulder to chain): 53cm
- Sleeve Lenght: 15cm
dc: double crochet stitch
Techniques and Stitches:
- The pattern is worked in round until the armhole. Then work the back piece back and forward.
- When working in round: all the round begin with 3ch in the slip stitch of the last round, and every rounds ends with 1 slip stitch in the 3rd ch that starts the round.
- When working back and forward: all the rows begin with 3ch and turn and ends with 1db in the last 3rd ch of the previous row.
Ch112, join with a slip stitch to form a big ring.
Work all the chains in Double Crochet for 13.38″/34cm.
From here work only 56dc (form the back piece) for 7.5″/19cm.
The front piece starts with 3ch and work 56dc for 5.9″/15cm.
From here work only 15dc for 2 rows, to reach the shoulder.
Fasten off and sew the first 15dc to the 15dc of the back piece. One shoulder is done.
The other side (at the front piece), join the yarn and work 15dc for 2 rows to reach the other shoulder.
Fasten off and swe this 15dc to the back piece.
Work 32dc over the sleeve for 10 rows.
Do the same for the other side.
Your Summer Oversize Sweater is done.
Share with us your work by posting a picture on Facebook and Instagram with #rotadaslas, or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org