Crochet work with 100% organic cotton yarn, an elastic band at the waist and a frontal band that is strapped with I-cords.
To Crochet this pattern you have to know:
The Single and Double Crochet Stitch, I-cord and Sew.
- 5 balls of Rosários4 “Bio Love” (100% organic cotton, 175m in a 50g balls), in main color.
You can change the yarn for a Fine weight yarn that crochet 22sc over 4″/10cm.
- 3mm (2.5 U.S.) Crochet Hook, or the required size hook to obtain the gauge.
- 3mm (2.5 U.S.) Double Pointed Needles.
- Tapestry Needle.
- Measuring tape.
22 stitches and 31 rows over a 4″/10cm square in Single Crochet.
- Waist Circumference: 84cm/33”
- Height (Waist to Leg): 25cm/9.84”
- Leg Circumference: 60cm/23.62cm
dc: double crochet stitch
sc: single crochet stitch
Techniques and Stitches:
- The pattern is worked in two parts: the left side and the right side. Everything that you will do at the left side you have to repeat at the right side of the piece.
- Remember, in the Shorts all the rows begin with 1ch and turn; and all the rows finished with 1sc at the chain of the previous row. In the Frontal Band all the rows begin with 3ch and turn; and all the rows finished with 1dc at the 3rd chain of the previous row.
88ch + 1ch.
Work every stitch, in sc, for 25 rows. (If you want your Shorts waist longer, just do more rows).
Now you will create more stitches for the groin. For that just do 4ch in each side of the work, and work 1 row of sc over the 120sts. (illustration 2)
Continue working 120sc for 18 rows (if you want your shorts longer just do more rows).
Fasten off and repeat for the other side.
When you have done the two parts sew them together until you reach the 4ch. (illustration 3)
Now you have to choose what part will be the front and the back. From here you will only work the groin of the back part of the Shorts.
Pick up and crochet 17sc at the side of the last rows made at the groin (illustration 4) and work 15 rows.
Sew the groins together (illustration 5)
At the waist pick up and crochet 175sc and work 4 rows.
Sew the elastic band in the previous rows.
With the right side of the Shorts turn to you, pick up and crochet 73dc and work 1 row.
Decrease every other row for 12 decreases (23 rows total).
Continue straight for 14 rows.
You have to do 2 small I-cords for the superior part of the frontal band, 1 small I-cord for the back of the shorts and 1long I-cord to attach at the straps.
Cast on 5 sts on the Double pointed Needle and Knit. Slide the work to the other end of the needle (without turning) and knit.
Repeat for 5 rows.
Note: you never turn the work to the wrong side. You just push the thread of yarn that will be at the end of the last knit sts of the previous row and knit. If you need help watch the Rota das Lãs video available for you here.
Knit 3 I-cords with 6 rows and attach two of them at the superior sides of the Frontal Band and one I-cord to the middle back of the Shorts.
Knit 1 I-cord with 1.40m and push it through the back strap and tie it to the frontal straps.
Your Overalls is ready for the sun.
Share with us your work by posting a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the #rotadaslas, or send me an email to email@example.com