Long Crochet Scarf with fringes, worked with Elektra yarn, by Debbie Bliss. Created for crochet beginners.
To Crochet this pattern you have to know:
The double crochet stitch.
- 3 balls of Debbie Bliss “Elektra” (44% Wool, 44% Acrylic, 12% Polyamide, 130m per 50g) in the main color;
You can change the yarn for a Super Bulky (6) weight yarn that crochet 8dc over 4″/10cm.
- 8mm (11 U.S.) Crochet Hook, or the required size hook to obtain the gauge.
- Tape Measure.
8 stitches and 5 rows over a 4″/10cm square in Double Crochet.
- Height: 75,60 inches (1,92m) without the fringes
- Width: 13,78 inches (35cm)
dc: double crochet stitch
Techniques and Stitches:
- Working back and forward: all the rows begin with 3ch and turn and ends with 1db in the last 3rd ch of the previous row.
- Double Crochet Stitch: Work the given number for the chain. Put the yarn over the hook and insert the hook in the 4th sts (from the hook). With the hook inserted in the 4th sts, place the yarn over the hook. Slide this last yarn over by the stitch on the previous row (pulling the hook in your direction). You have 3 loops on the hook. Place your yarn over the hook, again. Slide the last yarn over through the 2 loops from de hook. You have 2 loops on the hook. Place your yarn over the hook. Slide the last yarn over through the last 2 loops on the hook. The Double Crochet is done.
- Fringes: to calculate the length of the yarn that you need to cut to make the fringes, you have to multiple the length of the fringes by 2 and add 0.40inches (1cm).
Ch25 + 3 ch to turn.
Work every row in Double Crochet Stitch for 75,60 inches (1,92m).
Place the fringes between 2 double crochet.
Your Fluffy Scarf is finished.
Share with us your work by posting a picture on Facebook or Instagram using the #rotadaslas, or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org